Páginas

Featured Posts

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Australia — Lamb Shank Pie




Lamb shanks (chopped in half) I large carrot
I parsnip
2 tomatoes
6 oz. veal/chicken stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste juice and grated rind of I lemon pinch of sugar
2 tablespoons parsley
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
I tablespoons butter
I tablespoon vegetable oil seasoned flour(for dusting) I onion
I stick of celery
I cup red wine
2 tablespoons basil
2 cups mashed potatoes

Dust the shanks in flour and brown them in butter and oil in a heavy skillet or fry pan. Put the cooked shanks in a saucepan, cover with water, wine, and tomato paste and cook ever so gently for about 90 min or until meat starts to soften (you may have to add a little more water or wine.)
In the meantime, saute the vegetables (roughly chopped) with the garlic in the same frying pan; you may have to add a little more oil. After a couple of minutes add the tomatoes (roughly
chopped), lemon juice and rind. Cook gently for another few minutes. Transfer partly cooked lamb shanks into a casserole dish. Skim
off any fat formed during cooking. Add the cooked vegetables, mix lightly, add the fresh herbs, spoon mashed potatoes on top and finish cooking in a pre heated I90 degree oven for about
30 minutes. Serve piping hot with crusty bread

Artigos Relacionados

0 comments:

Post a Comment